Monday 1 April 2013

The "donativo" table and chairs for pilgrims of the Camino de Santiago is going well. Most days my expenses and donations are about even. This started as an experiment for me, as I certainly couldn't afford too much of a subsidy, but on the other hand didn't really want to generate an income, just to break even was my wish. So a big thank you to all those who have sat on my chairs, eaten the fruit or pastries and drank coffee. I have been surprised the coffee is not as popular as I thought it would be. When I did the Camino in October 2011 I was often dying for a coffee, especially when we started early and no cafes were open.

So the big question is what else would pilgrims like at a "donativo" rest stop?????  If you have time let me know.

I am 2 kms from Portomarin a common overnight stop, and all downhill from my place.

The rain has been a bit of a pain, like solid for the past two weeks, with more on the way I am afraid. My carport roof leaks a little, as does the rest of the house and I am waiting for a man to come and repair the roof, which I want to leave antiqua. So hopefully when the rain stops my roof can be repaired and pilgrims can truly take shelter. Buon camino peregrinos!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome any ideas pilgrims have to improve the "donativo" rest stop experience for others who follow.