Monday 3 June 2013

New look pilgrim rest stop

I painted an old door and with two easel supports I now have a bigger table for the coffee, fruit and pastries, leaving the other three small tables for pilgrims to use as they want. I am very easy going and really don't mind if pilgrims have their own food and just want to sit for while in the shade and rest and eat. 
Everyday I am sustained by pilgrim stories and conversations in english and spanglish. Inspired by a young German lad who was walking with his grandmother for her 70th birthday. They do about 10 kms a day and he carries their gear. Wow the generosity of youth. I don't despair of the younger generation at all. 
I continue to delight in providing free maps of Portomarin and chat about options for accomodation. It is so rewarding for me to be helping pilgrims on their journey in some small way. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome any ideas pilgrims have to improve the "donativo" rest stop experience for others who follow.