Saturday 8 June 2013

Pension/Albergue in Portomarin

I have had several requests for information about accommodation where there is a kitchen for pilgrims who want to prepare their own meals. This is often important for Asian pilgrims. With this in mind I had a look at Ultreia, which I had heard had a kitchen. At Ultreia I found a wonderful family run place with accommodation for all needs. An albergue with bunk style beds, plus rooms with either single beds or doubles at reasonable rates. The shared bathroom is central and the kitchen has all you need to prepare and cook food, plus a dining area to sit and share a meal. The atmosphere is friendly, happy and the people helpful. There is a lovely outdoor area to just sit and relax and prepare for tomorrows walk. Ultreia is two minutes walk from the central plaza. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome any ideas pilgrims have to improve the "donativo" rest stop experience for others who follow.